Picky Bits and Drunk Pictionary
We think that the best way to enjoy wine is with friends, plenty of food and a bit of fun when you've finished gossiping. This 'recipe' is not going to require you to spend hours in the kitchen, you can simply throw all of your favourite nibbles in the middle of the table or on a platter and get on with what you came for... the good times!
Pair me with: Literally anything would be perfect but my favourite wines for Picky bits are Isabelino Verdejo, Jelmas and Valserrano Rioja.
Serves four – six
Suitable for Vegetarians. Vegan Adaptable.
All your favourite snacks! I like to serve:
- Posh crisps, my favourite are Pipers™ Wild thyme and Rosemary flavour.
- Yummy cheeses
- Antipasti such as sundried tomatoes, artichokes, and olives
- Roasted nuts
- Pickled onions and cornichons
- Fresh fruit; cherries, berries and grapes work well
- Nice bread like focaccia or sourdough
- Hummus, pate or tapenade (or all 3 if you're greedy like me!)
- Big chunks of good chocolate
- 1 pad of A4 paper
- Pour the wine.
- Lay out all of the snacks and some plates so that everyone can fill their boots.
- After an appropriate amount of wine (I think 3 bottles in is the sweet spot), nibbles and gossip, get the pen and paper to start Pictionary. The rules to this game are very simple and the board game version is not required. Divide the group into pairs and spin an empty wine bottle to pick which pair will go first. Get one person in the pair to think of something for the other person to draw (this could be a thing, object, person, place, feeling, whatever) They should write down what it is when they've decided and show the drawer. Set a timer for 1 minute while the drawer does their best to draw what has been decided in front of the rest of the group. The rest of the group will then guess what is being drawn. Then repeat the whole process with a different pair. Keep tabs of who's winning if you're competitively inclined. Its a very simple concept but absolutely hilarious and the tipsier you all are and the more creative, naughty and silly you can get, the better!