The Ultimate Sandwich
Everyone has a favourite sandwich filling, so I don't feel it's rigfht for me to tell you what you should put between your bread for the ultimate sandwich. I did a whip round of the team and the results are in. Here are our top sandwich fillings and the wines that we pair with them:
- 2 thick slices of bread
- Butter (optional)
- Sandwich fillings of your choice
- Wine (obvs)
Our favourite fillings with their wine counterparts
- Egg Mayo with watercress…and Blanquette de Limoux, the creamy egg mayo and peppery watercress is the perfect match for bright, citrussy fizz.
- Jambon et fromage à la française (Ham & cheese)… and Grillo Appassimento, This failsafe filling is brought to another level with the robust fruitiness of our Grillo.
- Chicken tikka with thousand island sauce… and J. Lohr Chardonnay, This modern classic is elevated to a special treat when paired with our J. Lohr, it's both sharp and sweet enough to stand up to as much spice as you dare.
- Vegan fishfingers with tomato ketchup… and Vudu Syrah, sound like an unlikely match? The sweet ketchup and crunchy fingers bring out the berry flavours of the wine.
- Tuna Mayo…and Bardolino Chiaretto, This combo is like flying to the South of France...in the cargo hold! Tangy tuna and juicy Chiaretto are a mouth-watering combo.