Wild Mushroom Tagliatelle
What you’ll need
- 250 grams tagliatelle pasta
- 250 grams chestnut mushrooms
- 150 grams wild mushrooms
- 20 grams of dried mushrooms
- 50 grams soaked raw cashew nuts (soak in hot water for 1-2 hours)
- Half a small cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- Small bunch parsley, chopped
- Small bunch of chives, snipped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- First, boil the kettle and soak the dried mushrooms in 200ml hot water for 15 mins.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and place in a steamer with 1 garlic clove. Steam till soft and tender.
- Put the soaked cashews, steamed cauliflower, nutritional yeast, garlic clove and dried mushroom water in a blender with a good pinch of salt and blend until it’s a smooth double cream consistency.
- Slice the chestnut mushrooms and mince the 2 remaining garlic cloves. Fry in olive oil over a medium heat till all the liquid has reduced from the mushrooms. Then add in the wild mushrooms, the hydrated dried mushrooms and the thyme, rosemary and chives.
- Add the cauliflower cream to the mushroom mix and stir to combine. Season with black pepper and keep on a low heat
- Boil the tagliatelle in a large pot of salted water for 10-12 mins or until perfectly al-dente.
- Transfer the tagliatelle to the mushroom sauce mixture, turn up the heat and toss the pasta in the sauce. Add a final flourish of chopped parsley and serve.