Yummo Chunky Guacamole
We swear by this recipe and it's a go-to for easy snacks. You can also add 3 tsp of sweet chili sauce, too
Pair me with: Vudu Alvarinho, Isabelino Verdejo, Jelmas Extra Dry, Alvarinho Vinho Verde, À Peu Près Sauvignon Blanc, Domaine Séguinot-Bordet Chablis
Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- 3 avocados, very ripe
- Juice 1 large lime
- Handful coriander, leaves and stalks chopped, plus a few leaves, roughly chopped, to serve
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, red or green, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 large ripe tomato
- Tortilla chips, to serve
- 3 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- Use a large knife to pulverise 1 large ripe tomato to a pulp on a board, then tip into a bowl.
- Halve and stone the 3 avocados (saving a stone) and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh into the bowl with the tomato.
- Tip the juice of 1 large lime, a handful of roughly chopped coriander, 1 finely chopped small red onion and 1 deseeded and finely chopped red or green chilli into the bowl, then season with salt and pepper and stir in the sweet chilli sauce if using.
- Use a whisk to roughly mash everything together. If not serving straight away, sit a stone in the guacamole (this helps to stop it going brown), cover with cling film and chill until needed.
- Dunk in tortilla chips and serve with wine and gossip.